Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Reading Incentives

My girls LOVE to read, however, during summer reading often gets put on the back burner.  I can be guilty of this myself, however with all of the Summer Reading programs that offer students incentives to read (see previous blogs for details!), we are more apt to read daily.  I know that this is our first Monday of Summer, but my girls are well on their way to meeting and surpassing their reading goals.

I snapped this picture at about 8:00 this morning (They haven't mastered the whole sleeping in on summer break thing yet!).  My older daughter was teaching my younger daughter to read.  

I have to note that they are reading Kindergarten Rocks by Katie Davis.  This is one of our favorite books.  Here is a link to the author's site: Kindergarten Rocks.

Early morning reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment