Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Water Balloon Battle!

Who doesn't love a good water balloon battle?! Yes, I said "battle".  Fight can be such a harsh word, and battle sounds a bit more pleasant to me! While the kids were at school the other day, I filled up 100 water balloons! Okay, well not quite 100.  There were 100 in the pack, and a few popped in the process, but we can round up since I slaved over the water spicket for an hour.  

The kids were so surprised and excited when I picked them up from school and they learned that their friends were coming over AND that water balloons were prepped for throwing! These little surprises show children that we value them.  Here's an unconscious thought: "Mom was thinking about me while I was at school and took the time to fill up water balloons for us.  We must be pretty special."  While they may not say this out loud or even in their minds, they will remember and reflect upon the times that their parents made the effort to give them a childhood of great memories.


Frederick Douglass said, "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."


Let's build up today's children!

No comments:

Post a Comment